Let it be known: I am nothing if not dramatic.
Hello, world! (It always makes me laugh that THAT is what WordPress makes your first blog entry. HELLO, WORLD. It sounds so goofy, and now I’m using it. Oh, well.) It has been a long time! I was eaten up by the holidays — oh my god, working non-stop — and then the ever so lovely vacation between Christmas and New Year’s where I did not turn my computer on ONCE. I was shocked! And then I was so shocked I got really sick, and I’m still not totally convinced I didn’t have strep throat. Lovely!
To spare you all the flotsam and jetsam, here’s a quick little list of the hullabaloo that’s been going on with me:
- First Christmas with my boyfriend was a success! He went above and beyond the call of duty, and then he laughed in the call of duty’s face because he got me a Nook Color. It was by FAR the most fabulous present I received (although I did receive a wonderful present from a certain someone that was also wonderful).
- Working on Christmas Eve kind of sucked and gave me SO much more empathy and respect for people who have to work during the holidays. It is NOT fun.
- I spent some good time at home with the family and also got to see some of my best friends who were in town. Reunion time is always great!
- My roommates and I threw a NYE party to be remembered. We had a balloon drop, way too much alcohol, and far more people and confetti than is humanly necessary. When we woke up the next day, the place was a wreck, and there were people sleeping EVERYWHERE. Even though I got absolutely zero sleep and the clean up was hell, it still might be my most fun New Years to date.
- That was until Saturday night when the boyfriend and I started becoming very, very ill. A virus was abound that kept both of us home from work until yesterday. It was nice to stay home and have company, but I’m pretty sure I rather be healthy and at work (a strange concept).
Which pretty much brings you up to speed on the happenings of me. How was your holiday season? What was the favorite present you received or moment you had with friends and family?