Mothers’ Day actually marked the one year anniversary of me graduating from college! How crazy is that? I cannot believe it has been a full YEAR since I have been out of school. It’s seriously a little eerie, but in commemoration of this joyous (I guess) occasion, I’ve put together a year in review. Since graduation, I have:
- Gotten my first not-started-from-an-internship job! And subsequently worked WAY TOO MUCH.
- Moved into my first real apartment! It’s so pretty, and I’ll miss it a lot when we move in July.
- Moved in with my boyfriend! (Probably the best thing I did all year, but it sounds kind of lame when I say that.)
- Hosted my first Thanksgiving! And hopefully won’t have to do this again for a while.
- Hosted my first New Years Eve party! And then cleaned up for five days afterwards.
- Gained weight and tried to lose it! I’m still trying to lose it, actually.
- Celebrated our first anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend!
- Questioned my career choices about a thousand times! This is only sort of resolved now.
- Began writing and editing for online magazines that I think are really awesome!
- Went on a bunch of really pointless and absurd job interviews! But that made for some great blog stuff, so it’s cool.
- Didn’t kill my roommate! Yet.
- Quit my soul-crushing job! (My last day is Saturday!)
- Oh, and, yeah. I started a blog.
But perhaps the most exciting news that happened right at the end of my first year out was… I am going to be the Social Media Coordinator for a small company here over the summer. I am OVERJOYED about this — now I’ll be working five days a week between my two jobs instead of six, I won’t be destitute, I’ll have time for other committments, and I’ll get some much needed job experience in the social media marketing field. I don’t think I could be happier! Which is a huge change from even a month ago.
So there you have it, my year in review. How does it stack up to yours? And a big congrats to the Class of 2011 for making it this year!